View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #8
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321
Default Re: Offense or defense this draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Eiffert isn't better than Miller. Hunter isn't better than Wallace. Lacy isn't better than Mendenhall.

9 years of offenses scoring 20-23 points per game and fans still think next year they will score 28-30.
Well, we're going to lose Mendy and Wallace, and Heath is coming off of a devastating knee injury. How can the offense improve without new weapons?

Eiffert is freaky in his ability. Hunter uses his big body in a way that no Steeler receiver is capable of. It's an element of the passing game we don't have. Watching guys like Boldin, Smith, and Jones go up and snag tough catches in traffic the past couple of weekends was a thing of beauty. We don't see that in Pittsburgh.

Lacy runs hard and physical, and as far as I know, shows up to every game. I'd take my chances that he'll be better than Mendenhall. Just don't think we can get him in the 2nd round if we take a receiver in the first.

I think Haley was off to a good start, then the OL, Brown, and Ben got hurt. They never got their rhythm again after that. I don't think it's unrealistic to expect, with some better luck re: injuries and a couple of pieces added, that they can't score 25-26 a game and be a top ten offense.

Last edited by maddog78; 01-22-2013 at 10:35 AM.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote