Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,758 Times in 4,294 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Lebeau Defenses not Championship Defenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers5895 View Post
Who is bashing Lebeau?

jeez talk about spinning this topic to fit your retorts.

my point was although we won 2 super bowls, MY OPINION is the defneses were good but not what I consider a Championship defense. No one considers this 10 year stretch of defenses a top historic championship defense. Its a good one but not elite. I rate the Giants defenses as championship defenses. They made the big plays when it mattered. Ours doesnt. Ours allows teams to come from behind. they dont seal the deal.
you are bashing Lebeau and the Steelers defense of the last ten years. I'm not spinning any of your words at all. When you want to come on here and claim that the other great defenses that helped win a SB are worthy of your admiration, and then say that the Steelers defenses are medicore--then you are bashing the Steelers.

Let's go over which teams you claim are championship qaulity of the past decade:

early 2000's Patriots (in 2004 we gave up fewer points than the Pats)
2000 Ravens
SB winning Bucs team (lost to us 17-7 that year which according to Foote is the reason Sapp hates the steelers)
The Giants during there past two SB wins (their D gave up 45 pts to the Packers in 2010)
The Packers team that beat us.

I'm telling you if you don't want to put the Steelers with those teams, you are bashing them. And everybody know we're not talking about this past 8-8 season.

Last edited by harrison'samonster; 01-22-2013 at 12:28 PM.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote