Re: Offense or defense this draft?
POINTS to consider:
1. The Steelers have alternated offense & defense in R1 of each draft, for the past seven drafts. This year's turn is defense.
2. When the team breaks that pattern, they generally go offense (BB, Heath, and Santonio)... in order to help the QB, and also because the offense usually needs more help (21st ranking versus 1st ranking). Thus, offense.
3. The defense is markedly older than the offense (which is scary young... and when they "click", they are going to be elite). Thus, defense.
4. The offense has no RB, no #1 WR, and leading receiver (Heath) will start the year on IR. Thus, offense.
5. I want Matt Elam. Thus, defense.