View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 10:14 PM   #112
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495
Default Re: The Myth of Terry Bradshaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
I am a big Bradshaw fan and will be til I die. With that said Terry had the BEST O-line in the game, the running game that goes with such a line and while the defense may not have ranked consistently in the top five they were consistently either tops or near the top in Turnovers. Terry threw nearly as many Interceptions as TDs. He had more HOFamers around him than Ben will ever have. Comparing Apples to Oranges gentlemen. I watched both and the only thing Terry has on Ben is the deep ball. Sorry not going to change my mind by downplaying Bens play or his superior defense.
Average passer ratings by decade:

1940s47.9
1950s59.0
1960s69.4
1970s65.1
1980s74.4
1990s77.2
2000s80.5

As you can see, the 1970s were a bad time to be a quarterback. Comparing one individual vs another player from a different era does not work.

My personal criteria for determining a quarterback's worth is their team's offensive production. The list of quarterbacks who have led a number one scoring offense is a very impressive one: Montana, Marino, P Manning, Young, Rodgers, Brees, Favre, Baugh, Graham, Staubach, Fouts, Elway, Starr etc... and Bradshaw.

Not every quarterback who has led the best offense in the league is an all-time great but every all-time great has led the best offense in the league at one point or another.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote