View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 03:08 AM   #29
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495
Default Re: Ravens front office overtakes Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Ozzie Newsome has been doing a great job there for years. Look at the collection of talent and how they manage to draft and handle the cap.

Ed Reed, Ngata, Suggs, Lewis, Kruger, Ray Rice, Boldin, Vontae Leach, .....and the line in front of Flacco of Mckinnie, Oher, Yanda, Birk.

I would say the Ravens front office has been out doing the Steelers for some time now. Until the past 2 seasons the Steelers have been out performing the Rats on the field though. Stuff happens.
Suggs is the most overrated player in the NFL. Allen, Ware or JPP got robbed of the DPOY last season. Suggs got all his sacks in a few games and most of the time he was shut out in 2011. Suggs got 9 sacks in 3 games and he got 5 sacks in 13 games. Starks OWNS Suggs. Suggs got 2 sacks this season in 8 starts.

Boldin is grossly overrated as well. Yes, he is having an excellent playoffs. He is basically a small tight end with good hands. He ran a 4.7 40 at his combine and he hasn't gotten faster. Tired of hearing how amazing this possession receiver who has 5 seasons with fewer than 5 touchdowns is.

Kruger is overrated also. Let's wait until he has a 10 sack season before we heap praise on him. Harrison had his 4 year career total in one season.

Lewis, Reed and Ngata are the core of that team. Leach and Rice are an awesome backfield. Flacco is clutch. I don't notice OL unless they screw up but the Ravens line isn't special.

This next part is completely unrelated to Gonzo- I don't disagree that the Ravens have a good front office but some of the other posts about the Ravens on this forum are unbelievably sycophantic.

I am getting nauseated by the fairweather Steelers fans praising our rival. The Steelers are a better team through and through. Better QB, better receivers and tight end, better d-line, better linebackers and better coaches. The Ravens have a better backfield and better o-line (not for long). The secondary is a tie- Corey Graham had a helluva season that was a nice pickup.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote