harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,071 Times in 3,742 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: The Myth of Terry Bradshaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
McNair was a decent quarterback. I find your unique choice of quarterback refreshing. I can guarantee you did not get to that way of thinking by watching NFL Network or ESPN. You aren't an Alcorn State alumnus by any chance are you?

I liked Young not because of his scrambling but because of his competitiveness. I remember a play where he lost his helmet avoiding a sack and still ran ahead for more yards (like a 5 yard gain or something) and dove face first no helmet to get additional yardage. Not bad for a smallish Mormon lawyer.
I always thought McNair could make any throw, and he like Steve Young was always putting his own body on the line. I'm sure my opinion of him was affected by seeing him twice a year back when Tennessee was in our division.

Come to think of it they are both like Roethlisberger in that they could do a lot after a play broke down.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote