MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,411 Times in 2,367 Posts
Default Re: Texas: Shooting-du-jour

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
This just proves that having armed guards at schools are not going to make them safer. I am very political and I appreciate the Obama administration's efforts, and the efforts locally here in NY to limit the number of rounds allowed in clips, It's nice that they are trying but this problem is horrible, and was ignored for far too long. Limiting clip sizes, banning ar-14's, all these ideas are too little too late, our streets are already flooded with guns, and criminals are going to continue to get their hands on them, legal or not, unfortunately I'm afraid we will see plenty more mass shootings with no end in sight. The tragedy in newtown really woke me up to this. that sick bastard who shot all the 6 and 7 year olds is so despicable it makes me want to vomit.
Banning ar14's should be easy since there is no such thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
People really have to stop tossing the word "criminal" around as if it is meaningful or informative. Criminality is ex post facto, just like "bad" or "wrong"... the term is useless ahead of time. What you can spot ahead of time, every time, is the fact that guns are designed to kill, and they do so rather efficiently, as the headlines can attest. Sometimes you can spot sick people, and that can be helpful. But it's not always all that clear, and often these are just bored, stupid kids.

The Second Amendment needs to be repealed. No other way around this problem. If it guaranteed the right to bioweapons or nukes and people were getting killed by these at similar rates as guns, this would be a no-brainer. But thanks to Hollywood we just can't give these fucking things up.

P.S. - And for the record, I don't see that it doesn't guarantee the right to nukes. It doesn't say "small arms", it just says "arms". ICBMs are "arms". Why can't I have one? I need to be able to "defend" myself.

Should the 1st amendment be repealed since there was no such thing as phones, tv's, internet, telegraphs, social media, msnbc when it was written?

Show me one walmart I can walk into and buy a nuke, grenade, rpg.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote