MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,236 Times in 1,379 Posts
Default Re: Ravens front office overtakes Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Ozzie Newsome has been doing a great job there for years. Look at the collection of talent and how they manage to draft and handle the cap.

Ed Reed, Ngata, Suggs, Lewis, Kruger, Ray Rice, Boldin, Vontae Leach, .....and the line in front of Flacco of Mckinnie, Oher, Yanda, Birk.

I would say the Ravens front office has been out doing the Steelers for some time now. Until the past 2 seasons the Steelers have been out performing the Rats on the field though. Stuff happens.
really ? it took ozzie quite a few years to find a legit group of guys to throw the ball to.
receivers were to oz as oline were to colbert... always hoping to find a day 2 draft bargain instead of paying the full price to fill the huge hole in the roster
besides mark clayton i don't think he'd spent a top 2 pick on a receiver for 10 years.
i believe he thought he'd get 20 or 30 years outta heap and mason.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote