Old 01-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #34
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,821 Times in 915 Posts
Default Re: Ravens front office overtakes Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
"When Starks is on the field, his play could be considered up and down. He took 483 pass blocking snaps at left tackle in 2011 and allowed six sacks, seven QB hits and 20 pressures, according to Pro Football Focus." Max Starks 2011.

"Pittsburgh Steelers LT Max Starks has played every offensive snap this season and allowed only 3.5 sacks." Max Starks 2012.

"McKinnie struggled at times in run blocking and was uneven in pass protection. He gave up nearly one-third of the Ravens' sacks (8.5 out of 31)." Bryant McKinnie 2011.

McKinnie dressed for all 16 games but did not start any in 2012 so you can't compare the two this season.

Max Starks cost 890 000 against the cap - McKinnie cost 4.2 million in 2012. That's a lot of money for sitting on the bench. I would rather have Max Starks personally.

Ray Rice ran for 40 yards on 20 carries in the first game vs the Steelers. That's not very good. Ravens gave up 5 sacks in the two games against the Steelers. Harrison's strip sack in the second game was a crucial turning point.

The Ravens offensive line is decent but I don't think it is special by any means.

Baltimore was 14th in the NFL in adjusted sack rate. Pittsburgh was 15th and I know that OL has not been special. Baltimore surrendered more sacks than the Steelers in 2012.
So Haley's short passing game yielded less sacks and Flacco going deep to Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones might have got him sacked more. Watch McKinnie and Oher handle rushers compared to the Steelers OT's. Osemele is going to be good for a long time and Yanda has been solid since 2007.

Nothing special, but very talented Ravens O line and efficient IMO.