MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 3,299 Times in 1,296 Posts
Default Re: Texas: Shooting-du-jour

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
As far as the government coming in guns a-blazing to take guns away from citizens, I don't recall the bloodbath when totalitarian Australia instituted their laws. In fairness to your point, I suspect that Attorneys General - like Janet Reno - will always get woodies flexing their muscles in compound/weapons cache situations like Ruby Ridge and Waco.

Going back to the Australian situation, I think it speaks to Mom's point in that they had a buy-back program that targeted handguns, for the reasons Mom cites. Getting rocket launchers off the streets might me a no-brainer, but if no one is committing crimes with rocket launchers then it's kind of pointless.

The guns need to go away. People should learn to be braver and more creative with their psychoses, and I'm confidant that Americans will rise to the occasion and find exciting new ways to kill each other, even if it has to be at a dramatically slower pace.

Regarding fighting government tyranny, that's what organizing is for. Guns work at cross-purposes to organizing efforts. No one wants to hang out with people toting guns. Something about them makes people skittish for some unknown reason.
You need to get out more.

Yeah lets ban all guns so we can be just like Mexico, a giant gun free zone.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote