SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,437 Times in 4,037 Posts
Default Re: Mr. Rooney, Call the Jets owner, he wants to trade Revis

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
There won't be any lack of depth. Revis, the best player ever to walk on the planet, will make up for the lack of depth by intercepting every pass thrown by the other team. Problem solved.
I get it, I do. But he's easily the best CB in the NFL in maybe the last decade. If you look at what the Jets secondary is built off of, it's completely and utterly built on the idea that Revis is going to be put on an island with their best WR and often times, Revis wins that battle.

Now, if you line up someone like Taylor or Lewis opposite him, you have the best 1 - 2 CB tandem in the NFL. This would ultimately allow us to start one, maybe two, rookie Safeties and have them get chemistry and develop together.

Acquiring Revis would let us play younger guys in our secondary - something that we desperately need. Throw Nico Johnson inside with Timmons and have Jordan play opposite Woodley, and you're looking at the best defense in football. The most important part, we're under the cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Revis has held out twice. No thanks.

He's coming off of knee surgery. No thanks.

And, he is supposed to get (or wants) $16 million. No thanks.

Sign Lewis. Play Allen. And, when Ike retires, that aforementioned tandem will be very good for a decade.

Plus, with the money saved by not having Revis, the Steelers could sign both Lewis & Allen... and even have enough left over to extend Worilds (if they so desire).
Peterson came off knee surgery, too. Peterson is the best RB in the NFL and Revis is the best CB in the NFL - I don't think it's going to affect him like everyone thinks it is.

I don't think he's going to get 16 million anywhere he goes. He might get 12 million, but I think it's more accurate to say he'll get around 11 - 11.5, or back to his most recent deal he signed with the Jets. 5 year / 55 million is fair for Revis and it's not much more than what we were willing to give Wallace last year.

I like the tandem of Allen and Lewis, but I like the tandem of Revis and Allen more.

Also, we're very keen on keeping Troy around on these boards, but his cap hit is 10 million. We could sign Revis and have his cap hit be around 7 - 8 million for a more productive, younger and all around better player. Our sense of loyalty to these guys is mind-boggling.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote