Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,436 Times in 7,367 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Mr. Rooney, Call the Jets owner, he wants to trade Revis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Peterson came off knee surgery, too. Peterson is the best RB in the NFL and Revis is the best CB in the NFL - I don't think it's going to affect him like everyone thinks it is.

I don't think he's going to get 16 million anywhere he goes. He might get 12 million, but I think it's more accurate to say he'll get around 11 - 11.5, or back to his most recent deal he signed with the Jets. 5 year / 55 million is fair for Revis and it's not much more than what we were willing to give Wallace last year.

I like the tandem of Allen and Lewis, but I like the tandem of Revis and Allen more.

Also, we're very keen on keeping Troy around on these boards, but his cap hit is 10 million. We could sign Revis and have his cap hit be around 7 - 8 million for a more productive, younger and all around better player. Our sense of loyalty to these guys is mind-boggling.
I get what you are saying. Revis is a rare type of player. Plus, I still daydream about getting him in the 2007 draft. Timmons is good, but he's no Revis. Just imagine that 2008 defense with Revis & Taylor at the corners. Wow!!! In fact, I'd bet that the Steelers would have won one other SuperBowl by simply having such a dominant defense. It would have been sweet.

BUT, I am a fan of Keenan & Cortez.

Let's assume the knee is 100% (and not like Rod Woodson's which forced him to move to safety). Let's just assume. Likewise, let's assume that he actually takes $11 million (and not the reported $16 milliom). Let's assume. Even then, I think that the Steelers could have both of the aforemtnioned young CBs for the same cost as Revis.

Furthermore, as I mentioned in the other thread, Revis has held out twice already... and is threatening to hold out after this season. Ugh. Simply, I do not want the headache. [And, that signifies that the $16 million amount is not just a rumored desire.]

Sorry, man. I see what you're saying, but I am going to have to pass on this. Again, I dreamed of Revis-Taylor as much as anyone else... but, I think Keenan-Cortez is the future.

TRADE
Oh... and you mentioned a player worth trading for, and worth $16 million. Why not trade for AP??? I am serious. Why not? Cut a ton fo people, trade a R1 & R2 pick for him, and this team would dominate.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote