Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 23,337 Times in 9,516 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Mr. Rooney, Call the Jets owner, he wants to trade Revis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Oh no doubt, but I don't even think I'd play Revis with Taylor. I think I go Revis and Allen because we don't have the option to resign Lewis if we were to go ahead and grab him. Even then, I'm conflicted. I wouldn't ever cut Taylor, so ya, apparently I'd have to go Revis - Taylor as our CBs.

I think that if we let our Safeties walk and/or retire, don't resign Lewis, let Foote and friends walk then we'd be significantly under the cap. That leaves us room to bring on Revis. I'd only entertain a trade with the Jets if there was already a deal on the table that he was willing to accept for around 5 years.

If AP became available there isn't a player on this team I wouldn't give up for him - let's put it that way.
The bolded part is the key.

Revis is great... but, I am friedns with a NYJets fan, and he says that the dude is constantly complaining about his contract. In other words, a headache. Even if Revis signed a 5 year, $55 million contract... he might hold out in two years.

I would not trade BB, but you are right: everyone else is gone!!!

In all seriousness, why not try to trade for AP? I know that the Vikings would not even listen to a trade, but he is what The Rooneys want... what this team needs... and if paired with BB, this team would be insane!!!

Man, I wish that the Steelers had traded up in 2007 for either AP or Revis... or, even Willis. That 2007 draft still haunts me.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote