View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #12
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: Anyone worth Trading?

I think Troy is the only one that we could get something for. I'm sure there's a front office terrible enough out there to get rid of a 1st or 2nd for a player with just a couple of years left. The Raiders have filled that roll for a long time and may be interested. I'm not sure if Polamalu would play for someone else. Harrison won't go anywhere else and I don't think anybody would trade anything for him at this point in his career. I still think he would kick some ass next year if still on the team, but I doubt he will still be here due to the size of his contract. Nobody else on that list would yield us even a fair return. Nobody wants players that are about to retire and already have fallen far from their prime.

As mentioned, decisions can't be made on emotion and every option should be considered. The cap situation is terrible and getting a 3rd or 4th round pick is better then just letting a guy walk, but I don't even see that happening except for with Troy. We'd be fine without him, he missed most of this season and our defense still performed well with him out. Even when he plays, this year and last, he doesn't make plays. He's still a good safety, he's just no longer a "special" player. I REALLY would not want to see him in anything other then black and gold, but if it means we get a bit closer to a SB and improve the cap situation then it should be considered.