View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 05:35 PM   #28
Justp94
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 21937
Default Re: Which WR would you want drafted by the Steelers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
Because there are more pressing needs than a WR in the early rounds. As for Wallace, I am jumping up and down in excitement that he may be gone for good. The Steelers need help at OLB, ILB, CB and S. Woodley is pretty much average. Harrison could be cut due to salary, and injuries. That would leave the Steelers without a pass rusher. Polamalu is old, injured and could possibly be a cap casualty also. Lewis may not be re-signed. Taylor is showing his age. Unfortunately, the CB pool is rather weak this year. As for ILB, who is there. Spence is still recovering from a bad knee injury. Foote is average on his best day. Hopefully they cut him once and for all. Sylvester hasn't shown much. Timmons is the lone bright spot.

I blame the WR's coach for the poor play. To replace Wallace all the Steelers need to do is draft a WR with a great 40 time. Wallace didn't off anything else. He can't catch. His routes are average to poor. His effort was putrid. Also, the new offense could have hindered them as well as BR. I guess that remains to be seen
We were 1st in Overall D,1st in Passing D, and 2nd in Running D, despite being 8-8... Want to know what that tells me? We need a more explosive offense, no more bullshit. We have an Elite QB in Ben, but don't have the necessary weapons around him so he can thrive. The Steelers can't fix everything in this Draft, they have to focus on having a balanced draft as in drafting equally good talent on both sides of the ball for positions that we need help in. So I'd expect either a WR & RB and a LB in the 1-3 rounds or a S & LB and WR or RB in the 1-3 Rounds.