View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 10:28 AM   #9
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 7,179 Times in 3,102 Posts
Default Re: 1/26/2013 mock draft

If that's a best case scenario mock, it's actually pretty good. I'd take Jones at 17, but I have a hard time believing he gets by the Jets at 9, let alone the Saints who are switching to a 3-4 defense. But, I suppose anything could happen and that's what makes the draft exciting.

The rest of them aren't bad, but I agree with Teegre - Rambo has character issues and would ultimately be placed off of our boards. I know that Colbert doesn't want that embarrassment again.

Here's where I disagree - we need an ILB. Spence isn't going to be the answer, but could ultimately be our guy for 3rd-and-passing distance. I'm continuing this debate in another thread, but he's too small and has trouble tackling bigger guys (i.e, TEs) and can't blitz effectively.

Nico Johnson is someone we have to take. Decent enough speed but with the ability to blitz and stuff the run at the line of scrimmage. People are knocking on him because of what other scouting sites have said rather than taking a look at him on film. He has the potential to be great and I think Butler will bring that out in him.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote