SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,814 Times in 4,820 Posts
Default Re: defense next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeUpWithaWoodley View Post
So London fletcher is a bad linebacker because he is 5-10 Zach Thomas was also bad because he was 5-11. Drew Bree's, russel Wilson, Doug flute, were to small to be good at Qb. Wes walker being 5-9 same as Steve smith make them bad receivers because wr should be 6-0 taller as well. Bob sanders, Antonio Winfield, are 5-8 5-9 safeties that's should be to small as well right? I can keep going
London Fletcher is 240 and Thomas was over 240. Don't bring in Quarterback comparisons because it's apples and oranges. Drew Brees and Russel Wilson aren't tackling Hernandez, Gronk, and Richardson.

Comparing offensive players to an ILB isn't a fair comparison. They aren't trying to make plays in the middle of the field and bring down guys who are 240+ on almost every play.

Quote:
Don't judge a player based on his height and weight because it was proven to be wrong every year with players not being the prototypical size and height and being great.
You're right - don't judge offensive players on their weight. Show me another ILB that's 230. I don't mean in the 230's, I mean another ILB that is 230 - 232 lbs. He's too small and if he puts on size, he's taking away from his one and only asset - coverage speed. He can't blitz, he can't tackle guys bigger than him consistently and he has a hard time disengaging Guards and Tackles at the line to make a tackle for loss. He's a 3rd-and-passing distance ILB that they're hoping and praying can develop into an every-down, but I doubt it. If he puts on size, he loses his only asset and the only thing he brings to the table.

Quote:
We have seen spence only in preseason his rookie year in limited time. And no 10 pounds wouldn't hinder the fact that he can cover. Also to the point of weight I can find the article so take this for what you want but farrior has said during the season he would be around 230 that was his playing weight.
So, you haven't watched him at all playing for Miami? I guess that's why you're so high on this kid. Go watch college film on him and tell me that's our next ILB.

10 pounds might not seem like a lot of weight on paper but in reality, it's a lot of weight to put on.

That's great for Farrior and that's why he wasn't ever - in his career - a top 10 Linebacker. We don't need someone that is 230 trying to tackle Gronkowski and Hernandez because frankly, it'd be embarrassing.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote