View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #71
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,259 Times in 1,107 Posts
Default Re: Keenan Lewis Worth 8 Million a Year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
I thought the Steelers did more pattern-matching (waiting for the recievers to break into their routes and then playing man to man) rather than a exact zone coverage. And I also remember reading that Lebeau's schemes have the CB's playing man to man most of the time (I could be remembering that one wrong).

Either way, when Taylor is covering the other teams #1, they don't have good games. He is such an important part of this team, and hopefully Lewis and Allen will be there the next 10 years holding down the position.
Exactly!! Zone defense is not covering an area.....as much as covering the WR in that area. Ike normally matches up on the opponents best WR in that zone and does a good job at denying them the ball.

If anybody watched Steelers games this year and didnt see Keenan Lewis as somebody that challenged and broke up passes....then they were not paying attention.

Attached is a link that shows Lewis was #2 in the NFL in passes defended with 23. http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/st...defended/2012/

So he had 4 more passes defended than Asante Samuel, but Samuel had 3 more INT's. Samuel has a 3 year $18.5mil contract. So $6 million plus is the market price and the fact that Lewis will command $6-8million a season contract is just the reality, so deal with it.