harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 11,241 Times in 4,486 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Harbaugh Jealousy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
49ers fan here - and before I get started I'll just add the disclaimer that I'm not here to talk junk or anything like that. I actually have a lot of love for the Steelers - my dad is a life long Steelers fan so I grew up in a very Steelers friendly home, and I've cheered for you guys in every Super Bowl I've been alive to watch you guys play in. The Steelers are my AFC team, and basically my #2 team behind the 49ers.

But I had to address the bold here: What top-end QB's have we struggled against?

Since Harbaugh took over, we have beaten every "elite" QB we've faced:

Drew Brees (x2, including playoffs), Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers (x2, including playoffs), Matthew Stafford (x2), Matt Ryan (playoffs), Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning...

So I'm not sure who all these top end QB's that we've struggled against have been... Even when Eli beat us in the NFC Championship, that was more so the Giants defense, and our own special teams, than it was struggling against Eli. I think Alex Smith had better stats than Eli that game.
I think Harbaugh is a good coach, and I like what I see from Kapernick (just a little inexperienced). I just see some of Harbaugh's reactions and believe it is a question of character. No reason to give him any trouble in his career.

Thanks for the support (when we don't play each other of course).
The Following User Says Thank You to harrison'samonster For This Useful Post:
steelfury02 (01-27-2013)