Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,136 Times in 2,402 Posts
Default Re: Wes Welker's wife rants about Ray Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
Since your judgments are based completely on not knowing him and not bothering to even google his contributions following that night, you can hold on to your blind hatred if it helps you justify not liking Ray because he is a Raven.

Here's what I know: two men died that night, men who were starting fights in the club by breaking bottles over peoples heads, who were drug dealers and were indirectly responsible for Lewis' limo being shot 6 times. Lewis was NEVER tried for murder. He was charged to induce his testimony against his codefendents, and the charges were dropped.

The other defendents in the case were acquitted as the homicide was determined to be self defense. That was the truth as 12 jurors saw it 13 years ago. . . why do you think you know more about the case than those 12 men and women did? The truth is, the jury got it right after the first trial, and Lewis has nothing to come clean about.

You will no doubt counter by asking where the suit it. Well, since blood was found in his limo and no one disputes that the codefendents stabbed the victims, a bloody suit tells us nothing we don't already know: Lewis was there, and was likely touched by his friends after they stabbed the victims.

PS: Tim Tebow is about as subtle as a jumbo jet on the freeway.
No - I will counter by asking if you believe Ray-Ray settled the civil suits brought by the families of the deceased because he is a nice guy?

Traces of Baker’s blood were discovered inside Lewis’s stretch limousine, and the white suit he had been wearing that night was never found.

“I’m not trying to end my career like this,” Lewis said that night, according to one witness’s testimony....

Four years after the killings, Lewis settled two civil suits for undisclosed sums, although it is believed that Richard’s fiancee, KellyeSmith, who was pregnant with their daughter when Richard died, received at least $1 million. Baker’s late grandmother — he wasn’t married and had no children, and his parents had died before his own death — also is thought to have received about $1 million in a settlement. The settlements reportedly included a confidentiality clause.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...5e7_story.html

Paying out $2 million is a lot - OJ lost his civil suit after being acquitted in the criminal case - maybe an attorney more competent than the DA who indicted Lewis would have achieved a similar outcome if Lewis had not paid big $$$ to maintain the cover-up
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote