Old 01-27-2013, 08:24 AM   #38
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,460 Times in 1,645 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: defense next year

after reading through, I think we can all agree on one thing - this defense needs to start seeing more out of its draft picks - sooner rather than later

We can't afford for the defense to go to shit and have to spend 2-3 games re-adjusting to a weakness. If you look at the two SB teams this year they have 1 thing I think we haven't had since 2010 - quality, starter-ready D_E_P_T_H.

I'm not saying we don't have that - but to wait for injury to see a guy tested is a big mistake going forward IMO.

Knowing your assignment and not being a hero is great when everything is clicking - but right now, I'm seeing an opportunity to let some young guys make some mistakes and possibly learn that we have another player(s) capable of wreaking havoc and doing it in a new, creative way that we might not have had if we didn't see them out there - depth and element of surprise from a host of guys is key.

I'm wondering with Colberts comments if they realize they need to loosen the reigns because they know they can't be worse off in general - might as well see what you got. If you're winning and making mistakes early in the season - IMO, it can only get better and these new guys could have added benefits down the stretch.

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote