View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 12:44 PM   #22
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,519 Times in 3,752 Posts
Default Re: "Put simply, we cannot allow the rights of a few to override the safety of all"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
You still don't get it .
Neither does the DC Circuit Court of Appeals based upon the decision I suggested you may want to take a look at. Gun rights are not absolute - the question to be resolved (and under our constitutional system the courts make the call on that - you probably do not like that either but that has been the deal since the Supreme Court entered a decision in a case called Marbury v. Madison in 1803) is whether the restriction upon a constitutional right unduly burdens the exercise of taht right

I agree I do not get your contention that the 2nd Amendment gives an absolute right to own any firearm - neither do the courts (including the Supreme Court in the Heller and McDonald decisions entered in the past 5 years). if you are contending that you have the better argument on that walk me through why that is so based upon applicable legal precedent rather than boilerplate quotes you pulled from some website. Otherwise your argument is reduced to your opinion that you are right and I am wrong
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote