View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #8
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,680 Times in 4,769 Posts
Default Re: Steelers' Mocks around the Web

2013 NFL Mock Draft: What Are the Experts Projecting in the First Round?

By
Jon Dove

17. Pittsburgh Steelers

Mel Kiper Jr.: Ezekiel Ansah, Defensive End, BYU

Rob Rang: Jesse Williams, Defensive Lineman, Alabama

Matt Miller: Dion Jordan, Defensive End/Outside Linebacker, Oregon

Walter Football: Dion Jordan, Defensive End/Outside Linebacker, Oregon

Drafttek: Kenny Vaccaro, Safety, Texas

My Mock: Jesse Williams, Defensive Lineman, Alabama

Analysis: Issues with an aging defense make adding youth to that side of the ball a major need for the Pittsburgh Steelers. As represented above, they could use a young playmaker at all levels of the defense. The key veterans who are rapidly aging include Casey Hampton, James Harrison and Troy Polamalu.

Rob Rang and I both have Alabama's Jesse Williams as the Steelers' pick. He's a versatile defensive line prospect capable of playing either the 5-technique or nose tackle. That versatility will make it easier for him to make an immediate impact. Pittsburgh could move him around the line until it finds the best fit.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-round/page/18

-- It's easy to see the guys who actually watch Steelers games and the ones that look at the Steelers roster on paper, see Hampton is retiring and assume that we need a NT without looking at the fact that McLendon is a beast and we have Ta'amu waiting in the wings. I don't know how they call themselves 'experts' as it's obvious they do little-to-no research on teams before writing articles. Guys like Rob Rang are the perfect example of this.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote