View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 08:03 AM   #57
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316
Default Re: Mr. Rooney, Call the Jets owner, he wants to trade Revis

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
I wouldn't trade Wallace for Revis let alone trade a 1st and 2nd round pick for him. He is the best corner in the NFLand iI would love to have him but not for 16 million a season. He can only cover one receiver and that means 3-4 others are open. I can't see spending that much money on a position that didn't really a game changer. I would rather have the top rushing line backer who will disrupt the QB the entire game instead of the top corner who takesone rreceiver out of the game
Well said. I also would not risk all that $ on Revis because I fear he may be the type of player who can cause distress in the locker room. I remember when he complained about wanting a new contract. Revis went public with it, continually crying to the Jets and to the public how he deserved a new big deal. I just feel like if teams did not give in as fast as the Jets did, he would negatively affect the team. So we're going to spend $16 million a year on that? No thanks. I don't believe the Rooneys would have any of that.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote