harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 11,633 Times in 4,654 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Renowned Trainer Tom Shaw Wants to Work With Woodley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Steelers LB Says He Will Not be Training With Renowned Trainer Tom Shaw This Offseason

By Dave Bryan

Pittsburgh Steelers Linebacker LaMarr Woodley said Monday that he has no intentions of training with Tom Shaw in Florida this offseason.

"No, I won't." Woodley said when asked if he would be training with Shaw this offseason. "I've seen that on Twitter and and the thing that a lot of people don't know is that I only missed one game due to my hamstring this season. The other injury was a high ankle sprain. So, if any trainer or anyone that is listening or on Facebook can show me how to avoid a high ankle sprain, then I'll come train with you."

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/01...+Depot+Blog%29

-- C'mon, LaMarr. What harm could it possibly do if you were to go train and work with Shaw? I'm sure Ike will verify for his qualifications. I'm a little disappointed in Woodley if I'm being honest - his hammy has been a nagging problem for two years now.
Woodley may point out that he was only out one game because of the hamstring injury, but if I'm not mistaken the same injury was bothering him through a large part of the season. Whether it takes him out or makes him less effective, it's causing trouble.

I don't have a problem with him not training with Shaw, as long as he shows up next year in good shape and ready to go. If he wants to do his own thing in the offseason it's ok, but it had better prepare him for this season.
harrison'samonster is online now   Reply With Quote