View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #18
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Re: Amos Jones a Cardinal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stairway27 View Post
Well, it's not getting any better if this is true... I can vouch for this too. I have watched every Redskin game the past several years, and they lost a bunch of games strictly because of special teams. I don't know why the Skins FO loved him so much, but I guess they are finally wising up..

Follow @http://twitter.com/Rich_TandlerCSN
The Redskins could be letting one of their longest tenured assistants walk.

Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported via Twitter that the Steelers have asked for and have been granted permission to talk to Redskins special teams coach Danny Smith.

Over the weekend, Steelers special teams coach Amos Jones left to take the same job with the Arizona Cardinals. Smith is a native of Pittsburgh and that could be at the root of his interest in the job.

Smith has been the Redskins’ special teams coach since 2004. Although he is universally liked and respected by the players, Smith’s special teams have been up and down. For the 2012 season, Dallas Morning News columnist Rick Gosselin, who calculates a comprehensive special teams rating by comparing team performances in 22 categories, had the Redskins ranked 31st in overall special teams performance.
Wonderful. Not quite sure how Bouchette can call being ranked 31st "up and down".