View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #9
Justp94
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 21937
Default Re: My 2013 Steelers Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerinSevern View Post
I've decided I'm going to do my mock slight ly different. I'll have all 7 rounds with 2 picks in each round. One offensive player and one defensive player. Hopefully you guys like it and I'd love feedback seeing that I do not post alot. I do however enjoy reading your imput and ideas. Enjoy!

Round 1: Ezekiel Ansah, DE/OLB, BYU: The Senior Bowl definitely put him out of our range. Raw talent. If Harrison is a cap casualty, I would start him immediately and let him learn from his mistakes instead of th Lebeau sit on the bench until your contract it up.
Chance Warmack, G, Alabama: Willie Colon is gone to me. Ramon Foster could potentially sign elsewhere. That leaves our LG spot wide open. This kid opened major running lanes and his size and nastiness are something we could use up front.

Round 2 :David Amerson, CB/S, N.C. State: Theres the possibility the Keenan Lewis may sign somewhere else which would push Cortez Allen into the starting line up. I dont trust Curtis Brown whatsoever which is why I'd draft Amerson here. He could become Ike Taylors future replacement as they are about the same size. Has ball skills and is extremely physical.

Pittsburgh Steelers: Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama: This is a huge need. Mendenhall is gone. Dwyer is always looking for the oxygen tank. Redman is a 3rd down back. Alabama produces running backs year in and out. Long term starter could be found here. Kids a beast.

Round 3: Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M: Mike Wallace probably wont be back. Emmanuel Sanders is a slot reciever with average hands. That leaves us Brown and Cotchery. Need to add depth to that position unless we aquire a decent free agent thats not 35 years old.

Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia: Our safeties arent getting any younger. Need to start to groom for one of the replacements in Troy or Ryan. Size Speed Attitude. Plus the name. I don't know if you can just love a player for the name!

Round 4 :Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford: Was a sucessful RB. Didnt get the love because Andrew Luck was in front of him. Could be a late round steal. This is if we dont go RB early.

Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, Florida State: We can never have too many pass rushers. Look at the NYG. They have 2 defensive fronts capable of wreaking havoc all over the field.

Round 5: Kwame Geathers DT, Georgia: Hampton is gone. Ta'amu is probably going to be on parole. The just leaves Mcclendon. We need depth behind him and may be able to create some type of rotation.

Michael Williams TE, Alabama : Miller is going to be out for a while from the knee injury. Paulson lacks size. I think Williams can bring some quality play at that position and could be a redzone target due to size.

Round 6: B.W. Webb CB, William and Mary: Tomlin goes back to his alma mater and gets this kid. Could coach him up to pay the nickel or for general depth at the CB position.

Devin Street WR, Pittsburgh: Brings depth to the position as well. Local product. Could end up being our next Antonio Brown. A Steal in the late.

Round 7: Shamarko Thomas S, Syracuse: Could possibly be coached up as well. Saw alot of good and alot of bad as well. Taking a flier on this safety may not be bad at all.

Zac Stacy RB, Vanderbilt: Change of pace RB taken late. Smaller guy but has all the tools to contribute somehow.

Hopefully you guys enjoy. Agree or disagree. Would love feedback. Thanks for reading and LETS GO STEELERS!
Swope is projected in round 4 btw...
lol
But I like that you have Ansah as our first pick. The rest I just don't agree with however.... I don't understand why everyone is so high on Eddie Lacy...he's nothing special. But w/e here's my mock draft lemme know what ya think?

1st. DE/OLB Ezekiel Ansah
2nd. RB Montee Ball* or TE Zach Ertz**
3rd. WR Da'Rick Rogers
4th. FS D.J. Swearinger
5th. ILB Kevin Reddick
6th. DT Montori Hughes or OG Omoregie Uzzi
7th. QB Collin Klein
*Only if the Steelers don't re-sign Mendenhall
** On the slim chance he's still available.