Old 01-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #41
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default Re: WR/Safety in the First Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
you take vaccaro if he's there at 17, there's no running backs that are 1st round talent. plenty options at rd. 2-4. hell the top pick at rb (lacy) might not even go until the 2nd round.

though if chance warmack is there at 17 that might also be hard to pass up, that would all but guarantee we have all the cogs in place at OL until the next decade
Not really. First off there is no way I want another top pick used on our line. Next, if everyone does pan out we will lose them anyway. Pouncey is going to want a new contract after next season. Everyone here says he is the best center so he is going to want to be paid as the best center in the game
If DeCastro and Adams do as well as I expect them to then there goingtto have to fork out big money on them in 3 years
Gilbert will be ready for a new contract in two years and if he is our starting left tackle like he is expected to be for the next two years then he's going to want Left Tackle money
What I'm getting at is we will be lucky if we can keep who we have. We can't afford to spend another top pick on a lineman