Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,501 Times in 2,134 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: WR/Safety in the First Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhickok View Post
Here is my issue with the contracts I don't necessarily feel the Steelers have been as smart with their spending as other teams have. There are other teams that have success without running out of money and the Steelers are always in cap trouble. They gotta be smarter about contract negotiating. They have to fimd a way to keep our core players in the future.
I wouldn't be shocked to see Gilbert let go eventually, regardless if he produces upon return - I don't see things adding up to keep him on top of Pouncey, DeCastro - that's unless you pull a NE for a few seasons and are able to get huge production out of low-paid players - don't see how we can afford to pay every position on offense and keep the O-line.

Steelers have a big problem on their hands IMO - no true #1 who is physical and sure hands in traffic. On top of that, no franchise running back who takes the pressure off of Ben. On top of that, going to come into linemen wanting paid over the next few seasons. Big, big dilemma. Then - you have young, developing talent on defense that could have a breakout performance and contribute in a huge way that will want paid - then there is the secondary - just not even close to enough to spread the $$ around.

Phew - plenty of juggling.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote