In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,176 Times in 2,148 Posts
My Mood: Innocent
Default Re: Niners CB says openly gay players would not be welcomed on the team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Oh no, he doesn't like gay people! What a vile monster! You can't be anything but acceptable about gay people! You must only positive about Gays. You cannot be negative. You must ONLY be accepting and approving of LGBT. This hypocritical whiny self-indulgent attitude is ridiculous and needs to stop. The moment someone says "I don't like you", you want to hang them. He doesn't have to like Gays.

I don't think he worded it properly, but he has a right to his words. If you want to hold accountable to his words, that's fine. But I'm not going to hang the guy for stating his honest truth. Does he have a right to speak for the team? No. But he shouldn't hide what he really thinks if he's asked a question. If he doesn't swing that way, then that's who he is. Acceptance goes both ways.

Unless this Culliver fellow is taking a gay person and beating him to death for being gay, he isn't doing anything wrong by being honest with himself and others. By all means feel "ashamed" and feel "disgusted" and "indignified" by someone telling the truth. It proves that we lack a spine.
I have the right to my words too. Bigotry is ugly in SF with Culliver and here with anyone who feels the same way. Yes every bigot has the right to be a bigot but the rest of us have the right to call them on it loudly. He didn't say he would never be gay, he said no gays would be welcome on the team. He wants them excluded. Fuck him and those who agree with him.

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-30-2013)