View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 05:28 PM   #19
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984
Default Re: My Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by pczach View Post
I know Jarvis Jones is a great athlete and he gets to the qb....but have you seen Georgia TRY to stop the run. It's ugly. Jones doesn't play disciplined and gets caught out of position often. That style of play doesn't fit well into Dick Lebeau's system. In this scheme, an OLB has to be able to rush the passer, and be stout against the run. I don't think he would be able to come in and play. He'd have to gain weight, learn the system, be disciplined in the system, learn how to take on blocks and still make plays. He's a "run around" guy. He doesn't take on blocks. That's why he struggles against the run. He gets sacks and makes splash plays in the backfield, but he doesn't do the dirty work necessary to play in the 3-4 defense. All this and serious injury concerns. I don't think I would take that pick, especially in the 1st round.
Jones is good enough against the Run ... and he did all this with teams knowing and having to double team him ... Now imagine that he has Woodley on the other side to take away that double team

If your talking about the SEC championship game where all they did was power run right at him and he still made a couple plays ... The guy just makes plays no matter how much other teams try to "take him away"

who else did Georgia have to take away blocks from him???
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote