View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 05:04 AM   #26
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984
Default Re: My Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Glory View Post
Suisham had a good year, but we lost more than a few games by 3 points or less. Instead of punting from the 40 yard line I would rather be lining up for a fg. Almost everything over 50 yards was short for Suisham. Plus it helps special teams with touchbacks. Sturgis has quite the leg, and after watching Justin Tucker, Blair Walsh and Greg "the leg" Zuerlein, kick 50+ yard kicks like automatic, I can't help but think we could have gotten at least 2 more wins just from that. And with 2 more wins we would have been in the dance in January.
Can you Trust 50 yrd in Pittsburgh by anybody??
the longest field goal I could find is 52 by Jeff Reed

Now punter on the other hand ... Drew Butler sucked I know he was only a rookie but need at least some competition and I believe one of these guys could be a 7th round of UFA to bring in

Jeff Locke - First-team all-conference punter Jeff Locke is one of the best around, although his 43.4-yard average might not be eye-popping. He is great at placement and hang time, helping UCLA rank 14th nationally in net punting. And he hits 77 percent of his kickoffs into the end zone for touchbacks. UCLA misses Damien Thigpen (ACL) on kick returns.

Ryan Allen - Punter - Ryan Allen, senior, 6-2, 215, Louisiana Tech...Allen led the nation in punting this season with an average of 48.04 yards per punt and leads the nation in net punting with a net punting average of 43.51. He booted the longest punt this season of any punter in the country with an 85-yard kick at New Mexico State. Over 44 percent of his punts this season have landed inside the 20 and over 46 percent of his punts have gone over 50 yards. Last week Allen became the first player to ever win the Ray Guy Award (nationís top punter) in back-to-back years. - Louisiana Tech football
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote