harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,976 Times in 3,716 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Moss Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegrimey View Post
I don't think Moss is better than Rice, but he's WAY better than Hines Ward. I love Hines, but he's not on Moss's level.

Also, Moss is not a "cancer" on every team he's been on, you can argue he was for the Raiders but he certainly didn't hurt the Vikings or Patriots. Hell, he's been a decent role player for the 49ers this year.
As for not winning a SB, well, football is a team sport and a game where moments, a foot or an inch can have a huge impact. If the Patriots stopped Eli Manning on that last drive in 2007 he would have made a SB winning touchdown catch, capping off one of the best seasons by a WR... but he didn't, that doesn't diminish his individual accomplishments in my opinion.
I would place Ward over Moss. Moss was a quiter, and he was a quiter his entire career, hence my belief that he was a cancer on every team he played for.

I'd take the player that tries to win every game over a quiter and a cancer.

I get the opinion that Moss is better because he's more talented and you can do more with a player like that, but to me it's not worth it. Moss can have all of his stats, I'll take the guy who's going to break a linebackers jaw.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote