View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #8
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,229 Times in 3,615 Posts
Default Re: Ray Lewis on steroids

ESPN Sports Guy Bill Simmons is not getting misty eyed about Ray-Ray's miracle recovery

When Bertrand Berry and Ty Warren suffered a complete tear of their triceps, it took them six months to recover. When Arizona left tackle Levi Brown suffered a complete tear of his triceps in August 2012, the Cardinals immediately put him on their season-ending injured list. When Ray Lewis suffered a complete tear of his triceps in mid-October, we thought he was finished for the season only he returned to action a little more than two months later. During the third month of his "recovery," he made 17 tackles in a double-overtime playoff game in Denver. In 13-degree weather. At age 37.

So when Lewis's name landed in this week's PED scandal, nobody tumbled over in shock....

I believe that Ray Lewis cheated. I believe that to be true based on circumstantial evidence, his age, his overcompetitiveness, the history of that specific injury, and the fact that his "recovery" made my shit detector start vibrating like an iPhone.

I believe in my right to write the previous paragraph because athletes pushed us to this point. We need better drug testing. We need blood testing. We need biological passports. We need that stuff now. Not in three years. Not in two years. Now. I don't even know what I am watching anymore.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...k-ped-question
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atlanta Dan For This Useful Post:
Lady Steel (02-01-2013), ZoneBlitzer (02-02-2013)