Old 02-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #28
Justp94
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 21937
Talking Re: My Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
1 - Jarvis Jones - OLB - Georgia
Yes I think he drops ... teams in the top 10 won't pick him because of his only like 6 year span ... he won't test real well at the combine ... reports he don't like working out (probably can't with the spine issue) ... DL would have to play him from year 1 though... Say bye bye to James Harrison and save that 5-6 mill it saves

2 - David Amerson - FS/CB
I absolutely Love Amerson and would take him in the 1st ... I love his ability to play center field and make plays on the ball ... something our DBs lacked for yearsssssss ... I also like his ability to be able to cover the Bigger TEs during a blitz

3 - Jonathan Cyprien - SS - FIU
Like somebody said in their mock ... Cyprrien and Amerson compliment each other well... His stock went through the roof from the senior bowl ... can tackle and can cover

4 - Kenjon Barner - RB - Oregon
Absolute Game Changing Speed ... Can Catch ... Can Handle more punishment then Rainey

5 - Michael Williams - TE - Bama
Best blocking TE and his receiving is underrated

6 - Jeff Lucke - P - UCLA
absolutely need a better punter ... and he'll help Kickoff as he can consistently boot it out of the endzone ... Had a good showing in either the East.West or senior bowl I forget which one

7 - Oline / WR ... somebody for depth
I know drafting a TE would be great until the Injured Heath Miller returns, but unless it's a Zach Ertz/Tyler Eifert kinda TE it's better going through free agency. Wallace will sign else where and Harrison will be cut (Cap Issue/age). Mendenhall may or may not be back depending on the contract he wants.

1st. DE/OLB Ezekiel Ansah
Ansah is starting to get more recognition now and it's probably going to increase his value, everyone is comparing him to Jason Pierre-Paul and rightfully so as he's big and strong, and has the athleticism to be an elite pass rusher. The Steelers NEED a guy like this to compliment Woodley's Bull rush style of Pass rushing. He'd be an excellent choice in the first round.

2nd. WR Da'Rick Rogers or TE Zach Ertz*
Rogers has an exciting combination of size, strength and explosiveness. Rogers played in all 11 games for Tennessee Tech in 2012, and lead the team with 61 catches for 893 yards and 10 touchdowns. No one else on the roster had more than 28 receptions, and Rogers put up his staggering numbers despite every opponent game-planning to contain him. And don't forget his great season the year before when Justin Hunter went down and he showed what he was truly capable of by racking up 67 receptions, 1,040 receiving yards and nine touchdowns in 2011 for the Tennessee Volunteers.

Ertz probably will be gone before the Steelers choose in the 2nd, but if he is still available then he'd be a great pick. (I'd personally rather have Rogers though, as Ben needs more weapons in this offense at the WR position and we could sign a decent TE cheap in free agency.)

3rd. RB Joseph Randle** or ILB Jon Bostic***
Randle has good speed to burst through the hole and stay upright through contact -- many of his yards came after the initial hit when he lowered his pads and fell forward. Randle has an upright running style, but he accelerates quickly and is productive as both a rusher and receiver.

Instinctive, physical and productive against quality competition, Bostic ranks as one of the better no-nonsense run-stuffing inside linebackers of the 2013 draft class. As his five career interceptions and 7.5 sacks attest, he's also capable of contributing against the pass -- traits which should help him earn a selection during the late second to mid third days of the draft.

4th. FS D.J. Swearinger
Swearinger is a beast and would fit right in with this Steelers defense, especially when he'll be learning from two of the best safeties in the league in Clark & Polamalu.

5th. ILB Kevin Reddick***
As for Reddick, we need to draft an Inside Linebacker whether it be for depth or to compete for the starting job because I'm not sure if Sean Spence is ready for the job yet and Reddick can show his worth during Preseason.

6th. DT Montori Hughes or OG Omoregie Uzzi
Even though Hughes has had issues with effort and character issues in the past, his ability to take on double teams and still emerge the victor, is worth giving him a shot. He's a perfect fit for our 3-4 defensive scheme and should help free up linebackers from blocks since he's likely to be double teamed a lot.

Uzzi is an explosive, quick athlete for his size. Comes off the ball fast, and displays athleticism to get to the second level quickly, can be a good pass blocker when he gets his arms extended, but needs to work on his technique and footwork in pass blocking. He'd be a good back up and possible replacement at guard in a couple years.

7th. QB Collin Klein****
Klein is an upgrade to Batch & Leftwich combined and he's big like Roethlisberger as well. (Not much analysis, just that we need a better back up than what we have and Klein should do the Job).

* On the slim chance he's still available.
** Only if the Steelers don't re-sign Mendenhall
*** Bostic in 3rd round if we re-sign Mendenhall, Reddick in 5th if we don't and Randle in the 3rd round.
**** If we don't find a suitable back up for cheap in free agency.