View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 01:40 AM   #7
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 19,107 Times in 8,071 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Do We Take Barkley if He's Available?

SteelCanada,
As we have discussed, this is not the year to take a QB.

BUT, I hear what you are saying.

In fact, I was discussing something similar, in another thread. If one of these "average" QBs is still there at 47, then it would be an interesting dilemma. Now, personally, I am more for waiting for a better draft class, but if Barkley or Wilson or Nassib is there... it would make one think for a second.

That said, obviously, none of those guys is a R1 QB (although, due to need, there will be a few who go R1)... and, NONE of them would have been drafted in R2 in last year's draft (although, last year's draft class was an anomaly: five HOF caliber QBs). So, actually, R2 is "about right" for these QBs.

Now... would i take one? Eh... I am leaning towards Alex Carder (in R6). He is just about as good (not much drop off from the #2 rated QB and the #10 rated QB)... and, most importantly, it addresses a need, without having to use a premium draft pick. Then, next year, draft a QB early.

Regarding Barkley:
He is good at throwing receivers open (a difficult trait to teach)... but, his arm is garbage. I live in SoCal, & watch a lot of games with SoCal fans... and these Homers do not even like him. They compare him to Philip Rivers: limited.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote