Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 9,082 Times in 3,549 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: My Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
Jones is good enough against the Run ... and he did all this with teams knowing and having to double team him ... Now imagine that he has Woodley on the other side to take away that double team

If your talking about the SEC championship game where all they did was power run right at him and he still made a couple plays ... The guy just makes plays no matter how much other teams try to "take him away"

who else did Georgia have to take away blocks from him???
Who else did they have?

How about the other 10 defensive starters that are rated as NFL caliber players. I understand that the team didn't hold up against the run as a whole, but you still didn't address how undisciplined he is and how he freelances outside the defensive scheme. That won't work at the NFL level. Making a play against the run 5 yards in the backfield is great, but if all you do is shoot gaps and fly upfield while ignoring defensive assignments, you could do more harm than good. Again, if he's a coachable kid, and the team thinks he has the physical skills to play in the 3-4 and make impact plays, that's great. He just hasn't shown that to me with how he played at Georgia.
pczach is offline   Reply With Quote