Old 02-03-2013, 07:06 AM   #3
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,971 Times in 1,922 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Bettis NOT a Hall of Famer- Here's Why

The selection committee got up there and spoke out about a pecking order and purposefully not launching guys ahead of the que. Sapp gets in and Charles Haley and Tim Brown have to wait yet again. The selection committee has a tough job, but, they are starting to act like the NCAA/BCS.

Carter deserved to get in finally - but, when you look back when Jerry Rice was inducted, he was of course first ballot and Carter, Brown, and Reed got shut out and have been waiting ever since.

Sapp is not what I consider a first-ballot player. When I think first-ballot I think of THE top 1-3 best to ever play the position or revolutionized the way it was played, and possibly piled up championships

If Warren Sapp isn't on TV, he is waiting at least another year, and I think a lot longer.

I understand why Bettis would wait. I think it has a lot more to do with a ton of Steelers already being in than where he falls in all time rankings. Selection committee people come right out and say there are enough Steelers in the HOF. Bears and Packers are actually ahead of them on that list.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote