AgentGold007
Banned

Member Number: 20176
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: Draft Tek's latest mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
Watching this SB is really changing my opinion
  • 1st round LBs are over valued ... They cannot cover , none of these LBs can cover these TEs and WRs...plus this depends on Spence Recovery which only the team knows and will know more about come draft time ... if his recovery is going good, you don't give up on him already
  • Watching these TEs burning these smaller safeties is making me really want David Amerson ... convert him to FS and if you decide to blitz he can absolutely cover these TEs ... His Stock feel because he had a couple tough games against Justin Hunter and Cordelle Paterson and DeAndre Hopkins, they are all 1st round talent
  • I don't see Vaccaro being there at 17... safeties are being valued in this new NFL and his stock will rise ... Mark Barron went top 10 last year didn't he to the Bucs ... if they would take Vaccaro at 13 and pair hiim with Mark Barron would be great
  • Pass Rushers - None of the elite ones will be there at 17 and we have young guys on the roster that were "steals" when we drafted them... I'm tired of "Steals" if were not going to get an elite one stop wasting picks ... and by the way Sio Moore has a 3rd round grade especially after the East/West and Senior Bowl, He is a decent pass rusher with good potential and he can actually do a decent job dropping back in Zone, this kid is a player and whoever drafts him is getting a player that's for sure

I would replace Elam with David Amerson ... Elam scares me with his height, these bigger TEs will just use their body on him ... Amerson at 6'2 might not have the Elite Speed to play with the Top receivers but put him at safety and let him read and/or man up with these TEs and I love him and the way he attacks the ball
I disagree about LB's being "over-valued", especially not when it comes to this year's Steelers. I think the best value we can get is to draft players who can start on day one. I'm not against the idea of drafting a safety in the first round, especially if it's Vaccaro, but I think a first round graded linebacker has a better chance of being on the field on day one, than a safety would. If Minter or Te'o (yeah I know) were drafted, they would come into camp competing against an undersized inexperienced ILB coming off of a season-ending injury (Spence) and maybe an oft injured, under achieving ILB like Sylvester. If a safety is drafted, they would have to compete with two experienced pro-bowler's, and yeah I know about Troy's injury history, but still if he is healthy, he's the starter at least for the next two years. So what's the better value? And I really don't think that Minter is nearly as bad in coverage as you think he is, he looks like another Timmons to me. I also believe that the Steelers like Robert Golden, the safety who they brought in last year. Draft Rambo in the 3rd or Amerson, then who knows...
AgentGold007 is offline   Reply With Quote