View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #64
jacobo
Team Captain

Member Number: 24766
Default Re: Niners CB says openly gay players would not be welcomed on the team

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
so because he doesn't have a big name and was speaking without thinking ahead, nobody care's about his opinion? That argument doesn't make sense to me. This story has been pretty big, some people obviously care about what he said.

I don't know how you can read that article you put up and think it doesn't matter that a player has said that a gay player wouldn't be welcome to him.
The media seemingly only covered this and the Lewis antler stuff during the entire week. Of course it's going to be big if they make it big. It really shouldn't matter

Davis said that the only reason he (speaking for gay players) don't come out to everyone (read: the media) is because they don't want to have that conversation. It's more of a social issue than football. He made it clear the players in the locker room know about his sexuality but don't care. That's all that matters at that point. Coming out to everyone would help the gay rights movement, but it doesn't matter in terms of team dynamic, and that's what this conversation's about.

The dude seems remorseful for what he said and leaders on the team are helping him get over this blunder. I don't like this story at all and think it shouldn't be getting coverage
jacobo is offline   Reply With Quote