View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 01:29 AM   #43
Jimmy James
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2386
Default Re: Dolphin's Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petesburgh66
You don't make a strong arguement here to change my mind. Your saying Poole should be back, Daniels and Bell were promising. This is an unproven secondary in my view.
I'm looking at it from the perspective of improvement from last year. Last year, the secondary consisted of Madison (who had clearly lost a step to be kind), Daniels (a rookie), Bell (in his first year of significant playing time), and Schulters. It's pretty much a no brainer that the first three are going to be better. Poole is better than what Madison was last year. Daniels will be better. Bell will be better. We're looking at likely either Hill or Jason Allen at the other safety slot. That's all assuming that some other acquisition doesn't outperform somebody pencilled in as a starter. We can draw an inference from the fact that Hill was signed and Schulters was not pursued (despite being on the market a long time) that the coaching staff expects that last position will improve.

Last year's defense was pretty darn credible, particularly given the hit or miss presence of the offense last year. This year's defense will be better. Will it be up to the standard of say the 2002 or 2003 squad? Perhaps not.
Jimmy James is offline   Reply With Quote