Came across this article on Bleacher report and thought it was interesting. My breakdown:
1. Da'Rick Rogers, WR
- With Mike Wallace almost guaranteed gone, we will need another receiver anyways. This guy has the physical abilities and provides that tall receiver we lack. Performed very well in his last season competing in the SEC, not sure about this last year with Tennessee Tech. Off field concerns but reminds me of the kind of player and situation that Josh Gordon was in last year and he turned out well in his first year with the Browns. If he's available in the 3rd, I think its worth the chance.
2. Tyrann Mathieu, DB
- To be honest I forgot about this guy regarding the draft. His off field issues are concerning but this guy was flat out the best college football player in the country 2 years ago. He is undersized NFL wise but I could see him as a turnover machine and would definitely help the return game which lacked field position last year. We lost Rainey and I dont feel comfortable with AB returning kicks anymore with his fumbles and would rather just let him focus on receiving.
3. Marcus Lattimore, RB
- Probably the most hyped and talked about running back in college football the past few years. His injury is nasty and who knows when he would be able to or if he would be an effective back. Rb in this draft is a big need for the Steelers this year IMO.
4. Jarvis Jones, OLB
- His medical condition doesnt concern me. This is an obvious need for the Steelers especially when James Harrison is gone. However, unless we trade up I think there is no way we get this guy.
5. Ezekiel Ansah, DE
- Physical freak and could turn out to be a stud pass rusher. Played in a small conference just like JPP. Seems to be raw but I think a team will take a chance on him in the mid 1st round and doubt he will be available for us.