View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 10:24 AM   #113
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316
Default Re: Bettis NOT a Hall of Famer- Here's Why

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa14 View Post
Easily one of the best players to ever play the game. He would make 1st or 2nd team all-time at his position. A laughable comparison.
Your previous post stated that Jerome Bettis represents terrible things. Do you mean as a player or a human being? Please clarify your position and we can discuss further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
I think you missed the "stab" at Lewis in the post you are responding too.

I wouldn't put Lewis down though, he'll get in and he belongs there. I think sluggermatt was making a joke. But it leads me to as how in the world Bettis getting in would hurt the integrity and standard of the HOF. It's not the Hall of Immortals. It's the Hall of Fame. People need to get over the idea that it's only for some untouchable godlike men who could do no wrong.

Bettis belongs there and he'll get there.
Yes I was being sarcastic. Ray Lewis does belong in the HOF, I don't think there is a question about that. Great player, motivator, and force.

I also believe Jerome is deserving. He is arguably one of the greatest RBs over 250 pounds who successfully ran between the tackles and showed signs of speed. It may take some time but I believe he will be elected.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote