Gnutella
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13861
Thanked 1,346 Times in 490 Posts
My Mood: Bitchy
Default Re: I'll say it plainly - anyone questioning Big Ben is an IDIOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
How many of you armchair quarterbacks have tried throwing a football at a professional level a few weeks after separating your shoulder and a rib?
The answer is zero.

They say it takes six weeks on average to heal from such an injury. Roethlisberger got injured on November 12. Six weeks after November 12 is December 24, the day after the Steelers were eliminated from the playoffs. Roethlisberger missed three games, and then played poorly in three more games.

# of games missed + # of poor games = # of weeks for rib injury to heal

What a coincidence! Then, in the seventh week post-injury, Roethlisberger threw three TD passes and zero INTs. Maybe it really does take a dislocated rib six weeks to heal like the doctors say!

A QB's livelihood is his arm; he injures the shoulder and rib adjacent to his throwing arm, comes back three weeks before they're expected to be healed, and plays three poor games. Gee, imagine that! Furthermore, in five of his first nine starts he had completion percentages in the 70's, but in his first three games back from his injury, the best he could do was 60%. This ain't hard to figure out.

And I don't blame him for coming back early either because Byron Leftwich is ridiculously fragile, and Charlie Batch just doesn't have it anymore. I bet Roethlisberger will prove next season that his post-injury performance was the aberration instead of his pre-injury performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowherpower View Post
you had me until 'student of the game'. That would be the last thing I would call Ben. In fact I would say that is THE one thing other than hitting the gym that is preventing him from being one of all time best.
If he's not a "student of the game," then how'd he learn a new system of offense so fast?
Gnutella is offline   Reply With Quote