zcoop
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513
Default Re: Ben Roethlisberger is our John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
OK, sure...

Except the last Steelers WR to be named an All-Pro was Hines Ward in 2004. Nobody has done it since. The 2012 All-Pro WRs are Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, A.J. Green and Andre Johnson.
I stand corrected in the All-Pro comment (see I can admit when I mis-type) that should have been Pro Bowlers. Matter of fact only Pouncey (on the offensive side) has made All-Pro recently. Wallace, Ben and Brown were Pro Bowlers in 2011.

Quote:
Ben Roethlisberger has had the worst weapons of any top-tier QB in the NFL in the last five years. The offensive line and RBs have been mediocre if not downright bad, and the WRs have been overrated. Heath Miller and Maurkice Pouncey have literally been the only other players on offense who have been consistently good.
Still waiting on you to back up that original post but I will respond to some of what you last posted.

Ben has not had the worst weapons on any top-tier QBs in the NFL the last five years. Who are the top-tiered QBs and their teams you have in mind?

Remember we have two SB appearances in the last five years, won one and should have won the other one if we didnít turn the ball over. Iím sure you can recall the fumbles and the pics that cost us that one. We've won quite a few games with a lack of weapons on the offensive side of the ball, haven't we?

And about crossing paths, the feelingís mutual.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote