View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 08:06 AM   #116
Blacksburg Zach
Team President
Supporter

Super Mario Flash Champion! Ragnarok Champion!
Member Number: 24584
Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,093 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Bettis NOT a Hall of Famer- Here's Why

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
@ Teegre

Ray Lewis hasn't been at the top of his game since 2003. I never said Lewis doesn't belong in the HOF. What are you getting so bent out of shape for? You honestly think Lewis is the best MLB of all-time?! You are crazy.

Lawrence Taylor is to linebackers what Jerry Rice is to wide receivers. Ray Ray doesn't enter that discussion and I don't think Butkus does either.

Debo has forced 33 turnovers in the 6 seasons since he turned 29 and became a starter. Ray has forced 24 turnovers in the 9 seasons since he turned 29. Please don't pretend that Ray Lewis has maintained his dominance into his 30s because he really has not.

Ray Lewis averaged fewer than 3 forced turnovers per season for his career and he is the best MLB ever? Lewis was a tackle machine who played behind an amazing defensive line and in front of an amazing secondary.

Lewis is lucky all the tough old bastards who played before color tv broadcast Lewis' tears into homes across America didn't have their forced fumbles or sacks recorded. Imagine Butkus crying on tv
I couldn't see Butkus crying on TV, but I sure could imagine him making opposing players cry on TV.
Blacksburg Zach is offline   Reply With Quote