Old 02-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,927 Times in 779 Posts
Default I'm thinking offense: New wrinkle that I'd like to see explored:

Quick thought:

Haley is already shown to like the zone-blocking scheme for his running backs to run behind and with a new offensive line coach coming through, it's time to teach a VERY fresh and young offensive line the Steelers now own to learn things the right way in our approach. Not only can we establish a running mindset from a zone-blocking scheme, but I'd like to see Ben run an offense similar to how Denver ran theirs in the Plummer-era.

Of course it's nice for Ben to get it out of his hands quick, but his feet are nimble and he's athletic enough to get out of the pocket and make people miss. I'd like to see the same approach to spreading the ball around, but play-action is needed for Ben to succeed and take less hits, and we need less defenders around Ben as much as possible. Having a designed offense to roll Ben out of the pocket and create space could work wonders in our evolution.

I'd like to see a lot of roll-outs forming off of the zone blocking mentality, make the defense roll one way, rolling Ben out another, and having mis-direction routes for our receivers to get open on the opposite end of the field to create confusion and mis-match's for speedsters and scat like agility wideouts like Antonio Brown to manipulate.

This could also set up Ben putting up HUGE numbers in a no-huddle approach with a new wrinkle to implement. Points need to be scored.

Time for a different offensive approach and a new canvas for Bens game to operate, keys in hand.
EbonySteel86 (02-07-2013), Gnutella (02-10-2013), harrison'samonster (02-07-2013), NSMaster56 (02-10-2013)