View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #24
JackH
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24722
Default Re: Ravens ahead of Steelers, but change can come quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa14 View Post
What kind of reasoning is that? If we lost that game... you won that game... if Flacco fell down some stairs and broke his arm... yeah, things would have turned out differently. They didn't. I'm not the one living in hypotheticals.

Oh, and even if you magically turn our 1st meeting into a loss we still would have made the playoffs. We would have had one more road game. Flacco is the king of road games in the playoffs. Everyone but Steeler fans think the Ravens are the favourites for the division at this point. Is it certain? Far from it. Steeler vs Raven games are always closely contested, regardless of who plays in them. Almost all of our star defensive players were injured and/or out at sometime during the season, it's part of the game. We had some of our best players OUT during both Steeler games . It goes both ways.
This kind of reasoning is known as critical thinking.

How do the Ravens make the playoffs if I magically turn that first meeting into a Steelers win? Both teams would have been 9-7, Steelers win tie breaker due to beating the Ravens twice, Bengals win division at 10-6.

And I don't consider having the same record as another team in your division as dominating the division, even though you won the division on a tie breaker.
JackH is offline   Reply With Quote