View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 06:38 AM   #15
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,473 Times in 1,648 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Pittsburgh fire sale: The Steelers could lose every one of their FAs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
There will be a purge, no doubt. Trading down for extra picks makes sense only if the player targeted in Round 1 will still be available for us. IMO, we have an immediate need at safety and ILB. If Vaccaro is there at 17 he should be taken, if he is gone and we can trade down and get Elam (5-0 scenario) then fine.
I agree with Rooney we need an impactful player in round 1 and round 2.
All this being said though, we need to attempt to keep Lewis if possible and not purge too many vets, (I'm for keeping Keisel) If we are not careful I see another decade like the 80's coming on.
I think Lewis, Starks in that order should be priority. I know it would be extremely hard to keep both and Starks does deserve a solid pay day. Question - would Wallace's money still be available after all the cuts, or would we potentially be using that dough to spread around to the depth of the other positions?

I don't believe in getting rid of all 3 O-lineman - Starks, Foster, Legursky - someone in our O-line is gonna go down (inevitable) and not having any of those guys is reaaaaallly askin for it.

On the other side - we need to keep either Harrison or Keisel - I'm not seeing a way to keep both. Thoughts?

Did anyone hear about Ryan Clark taking down his twitter - I've heard its a potential sign or that he did it much like Legursky - too cut down on the fan speculation before they know what will actually happen?

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote