Old 02-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #232
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,786 Times in 8,647 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

After watching the SuperBowl, and more importantly, listening to the analysts discussing the SuperBowl (beforehand & afterwards), a common theme emerged from all of the talking heads: O-line.

The talked about how the Ravens shuffled their O-line, and that their O-line dominated the post-season. Likewise, before the big game, the analysts were talking about how the Niners had a great O-line (full of R1 picks), which allowed them to do many things on offense.

Now, I know that the main four (Pouncey, DD, Adams, & Gilbert) have not yet played a snap together, and that this O-line ALREADY has the potential to be extremely good. And, I know that everyone is high on Beachum (myself included)... but, considering that BB has 3-5 years left... and considering that the AFC is weak right now... and considering that the "elite" QBs are old & the up-&-coming QBs are not quite "there" yet... why not take the short right now???

Draft Chance Warmack.

Make sure that the O-line is not only extremely good; make sure that it is dominant... elite... the BEST in the entire NFL.

It hurts me, because I had my hopes on acquiring Elam... but, if the defense can wait one more year with Troy & Ryan, while the offense (finally) lives up to its potential, then I think there is a really great shot at #7 next season. Plus, this is a deep, deep draft at safety; a good (but not great) safety can be drafted in R4 (let alone R2 & R3).

What are everyone's thoughts?
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote